Monday 21 April 2014

Mid Semester Reflection

Mid Semester Reflection
1.       Six Word Memoirs:
So the first thing I’m going to say is that my six word memoirs still aren’t up on my blog. That’s simply due to the fact that there was a lot of different things going on in my life (breaking my arm, some technical issues, and family complications).  I’m very close to putting them up on my blog, they’re all mostly done, and I’m excited to display them for the world to see. I thought that overall, other than delays, it went well.  It was fun finding all the pictures and relating them to a certain theme and how that brought certain feelings into the process. Some things that could’ve used some work, firstly, getting them onto my blog sooner (obviously), but other than that, I think it well, like I already said. There’s one thing I learnt about myself from doing this, I attach memories and emotions to certain events, and seeing a picture and writing those six words on it brings all those feelings and memories back. It was awesome!
A mark for this that I will try and resolve A.S.A.P. is Incomplete, just because they aren’t on my blog yet.

2.       IGNITE Presentations:
Again. I haven’t presented. I was sick for the past couple of weeks which pushed back me being able to present, which is really unfortunate. Why? Because I love public speaking and presenting things! So I’m really anxious to present. But I really liked doing this speech. It was easy to write, and the element of a visual aid along with it really made it fun. Everything is ready to go, I just haven’t presented yet. The one thing I think that could’ve used improvement probably would be just to have come up with a topic sooner than I did, because I spent the last half of spring break being able to finally write a speech, because I had no idea what to write about. I wasn’t a huge fan of the fact we were restricted not only by the five minutes to present but that the slides changed every 15 seconds. But I made it work! I already knew what I was going to experience during this assignment, because I’ve done speeches so many times, but it was still fun.

For now my mark on this is incomplete, but Tuesday that will all change!

3. Blogging
            So I haven’t really had a lot of time to do that much blogging this year, which I do actually regret. I have posted most of my assignments on my blog on time, but as for personal reflections, not so good there. I plan on posting more personal articles on here and let people know what’s happening in my life. As for posting on other classmates blog’s, well that too could be better. I mean I have left the odd comment here and there on others blog’s, but I think I’ll try to start visiting other blogs more often, because a lot of my fellow chums and chummettes in class are very interesting. So I have set myself a goal. Blog more!
My Mark for this would be a B-.

4. Communicating and Interacting
            Well this section’s a breeze of fresh air for me. Looking at my reflection, I see a lot of aspects I need to change about my online participation. But when it comes to this part, I have no worries. I’ve always been a talkative guy, and love participating in groups and stuff like that. So my participation in class is always up. I’m always willing to share and I think I usually have something interesting to say. When it comes to Skyping with the kids from Thompson I’m always there to give my two cents and even show off some juggling.
So for this section I’m going to give myself an A+!!!

5. My Three Course Related Goals

            Well aside from all the personal improvements I want to make in regards to my work, I’d definitely like to more blogging for one. It’s lots of fun, and I think that there’s a possibility that someone might want to read what I have to say. Secondly, I’d like to be able to get all my assignments in, in a prompt and quick fashion. And finally, I’d like to be able to raise my mark a little bit, I mean it’d look good to have a 90+ mark, so I’m going to work my butt off to get that.

No comments:

Post a Comment