Wednesday 19 February 2014

Quick Write- Which Door?

Of all the 6 doors on the screen I'm torn between Bag End and 221B Baker Street. I've always loved both LOTR and other Tolkein works, but also the writings of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and ridiculously brilliant albeit goofy detective Sherlock Holmes. I suppose I'll list reasons for both and come up with a final answer. 
In regards to Bag End. I feel as though I'd rather step out than into it. You see nothing fun ever happened in the Shire, it was only when Bilbo or Frodo left their happy hobbit hole that they were met with adventure. It is a fantastic world that I wish I could have been in, but alas! No such luck. Adventure action and chaos, all followed bt a happy ending! 221B Baker on the other hand is buzzing with activity every day even and when Sherlock and Watson are home, it's a tad bit more relatable, because it's closer to the time period of my life, especially if you look at the modern adaptation. It's a wild ride everyday, so I don't know whether or not I would choose Bag End or 221 B Baker Street. But I would probably go Bag End ;)

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment